(makes 1 large serving, or two smaller servings of tea)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 1/4 cups water
- two tea bags of Ceylon black tea
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend (ground)
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls
For the pumpkin spice syrup
- Add pumpkin puree and 1/4 cup of water to a small saucepan over low heat and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and strain through a coffee filter. Be patient, as the mixture might take 10-15 minutes to pass through completely. Gently use your hands to squeeze any excess water from the puree. Try your best not to break the filter when doing so.
- Add the pumpkin water back into your saucepan over medium heat, then add the pumpkin spice and the brown sugar. Cook at a low simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved – about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
For the boba
- Add two cups of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add boba and quickly stir until the boba are all floating at the surface.
- Decrease the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for another 15 minutes.
- Strain the boba, then transfer into the pumpkin spice syrup until ready to serve. Use within 5-10 minutes while fresh, or keep them inside the syrup and refrigerate.
For the tea
- Add two tea bags to one cup of boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature.
For the drink
- Spoon the boba to bottom of a tall glass.
- Add the milk, tea and 1 1/2 oz of the pumpkin spice syrup to a shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and vigorously shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into the glass overtop the boba. Add some new ice, a wide mouth straw, and serve!
(Recipes and mages by HonestlyYUM)
Like Our Tea Blog? Click here to subscribe for our Daily Newsletter!